Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sonador Thanksgiving training

As Sonadors teacher some of the challenges I knew we were facing was the round pen is muddy on topof her learning to balance her rider.As you watch the video you will noticee those two things.Sonador slips in the mud and Angelina's balance is not the greatest.At first she is really leaning back.Video taping is great to see all the mistakes we make and to take notes on what to work on in the next training session.When teaching in order to have a great training session plan you must know your lesson & goals then plan to stick to it or you can confuse the horse.Taking small steps and sometimes going back to the beginning is necessary.We made many mistakes.I could see Sonador was nervous at the beginning which made me nervous but once I got the lesson moving she began to focus on the lesson.We taught her last week to move on the forward cue so this week she wanted to rocket into what she learned which made me nervous with my daughter on her so I added the stop cue which as you see in the video we were not communicating that great to her. She got the general idea but I can see we need to communicate Angelina & I on our goals.I did not talk to Angelina on what we were going to teach & how which showed in the lesson. Sonador is smart so she is not the problem her teacher needs to be more organized and give clear communication on what her lesson is.Tomorrow we will work more on the forward cue & stop when asked with the reins.

No comments:

Post a Comment