This was Sonadors 1rst week of saddle work.By the end of the lesson she was going forward half way around the round pen after one cue to go forward.I wish I had the end video taped but I will video tape the lesson next week.This is 2 videos of Saturday & Sunday.I can only train on the weekends because during the week it is dark by the time hubby gets home & we have no indoor arena.
I have decided to blog our lessons so I can see the progress and what we need to work on.I am clicker training her using a Dr.Cook bitless bridle & a Sensation Hybrid treeless saddle with a Skito pad.
She is so fun to clicker train I love watcher her think things through. For example I wanted to teach her to walk away from with a leg cue since she like to be with me for treats :O). So she went towards the fence then backed up keeping her head facing the fence to get the treat.That made me laugh because in her mind I wanted her to face the fence but I wanted her walk to the fence.Clicker horses are so fun.We end up succeeding on our mission and communication was clear she figured it out. We both ended the day on a happy note she got a jackpot of treats & was happy.That is the way any training session should end.I look forward to next weekend!
Oh by the way the rider is my beautiful daughter Angelina who is helping me train.We have owned Sonador since the day she was born.She will be 5 in march and is scheduled to be with a natural horsemanship trainer Patrick King whose blog is on the side post in March for 60 days.Until then we will have fun training her.I am so thankful that not only is my daughter my best friend but we enjoy and have a passion for horses!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment