Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sonador went to the her trainer Patrick King yesterday.She climbed on & off the trailer well I was so proud of her because she learned the loading lesson back in the fall & we have not done it since.We traveled on a busy highway, turnpike with big trucks goig by, and a busy little town and she trailered well for her first time.The worst thing she did was paw the ground at a stop but that was when we were almost there it was a 45min. to an hour trip.I was very proud of her.
This was also her first time ever off off the farm.When the trailer got to the barn she patiently waited while Patrick went to find out were to put her.Then she unloaded calmly.She walked well no rearing, spooking etc just eyes huge, head high, & tense muscles.We walked her in the indoor arena another 1rst for her and she did well.There were other horses, & people around.Patrick also had his 2 year old daughter running around and she did fine.We then took her to her stall and she did not want to enter after all there was no food being offeres what was the point lol.After 5 minutes she lowered her head & went in.For so many firsts I was so proud of her!!! She trusted me and followed that was so encouraging to me as her leader & proud momma.I am looking forward to what she is going to be after 60 days of training with Patrick.Last night was hard for me I felt like she trusted me & we just left.I can't wait to see her! I miss her so much.Even my hubby came in last night after feeding & said he missed her.She has been with us for almost 5 years since the day she was born.I am happy she is getting trained.I am fussy about trainers & I feel blessed to have found a good one only 40 min. away :O) She loves & trusts people I want that nurtured & not destroyed which sadly happens most of the time in the equine training world.

No comments:

Post a Comment